Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Storked!

I have decided to post about the books I finish. This way I 1) Remember the ones I have read and 2) Let you all know what is good and what isn't so that when you want a good book you will already have a list of what to waste your time with and what to just pass up!

My last book recommendation came from Christin and was a quick but intriguing read.

The back of the book boasts, "Sex and the City crashes into reality at taxicab speed. Coppa is engaging, honest, and ultimately, inspiring."

It is a memoir of 26 year old Christine Coppa who incidently finds herself pregnant, single, and living in New York while trying to work her way up the byline of some major fashion magazines. It is a very touching story (which I am glad to have not lived) about her battle within herself to raise a child alone as well a remarkable journey in finding a piece of her soul that was shattered when the love of her life unexpectaly became a quadrapledgic. (Read that glamour article here.)

I loved the realistic commentary on her fears and joys while being pregnat and all of the icky things it entails. Christine is also the author of the glamour.com blog Storked! which Christin now has gotten me also addicted too!

All in all this was a fun read. It might of been that much more fun had I any clue what it was like to actually be pregnant or deal with any of those child related emotions but I don't... however Christin and I did notice while reading this that somehow our uterus gained minds of their own and decided to tell us the enitre way through the book that we should experience this whole procreation thing as soon as possible.....(I think not)

On a scale out of 5 stars: I give it a 3 1/2!

1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

I know it's such a silly book but it was so fun to read!!