Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 12, 2009

You'll Never Know How Good You Had It


You see working at LGO was a very big love hate relationship for me... (yes, I know... typical) I loved the atmosphere, the people, the regulars I had, the food, the music, the location, the red velvet.... the list could go on... And at the the time I only really hated 1 of my 4 of my bosses. (That was the hate part of the realtionship)

I also loved that everyone would come to see me (EXCEPT BRAD) becasue they themselves loved coming to LGO as well. Everytime you walked into the little establishment you felt like you walked out of Phoenix and it to a hip little gem in LA. Needless to say the current place I am now working is a FAR CRY from the likes of La Grande Orange... but somehow some of the people from good ol LGO still managed to track me down!

Today I wore one of my LGO shirts to work becasue my new boss (oh wow...I won't get started) has yet to get me one yet, in making this decision this moring I had no idea how it was going to impact my day.

Halfway through my shift someone says to me, "Hey did you used to work at LGO?" To which I replied, "Yeah.... are you from Phoenix?" Laughing they said," Yeah we were just there the other night and you used to wait on us! Didn't you used to have braids?" Hearing this made my heart skip a little beat! I of course talked with them a moment and we caught up and they had told me how they had asked for me the last time they were in but had found out I moved. They said that they requested me as their server becasue I was one of the best that they had ever had! Anyway... oddly enough a few tables later I had two other tables that recognized me from LGO as well and also commented on how well I had taken care of them in the past!

This kind of made my day on 3 accounts. First being that sometimes your job might not be the coolest or the most glorious but if you do it well and right, people will appreciate you and remember what you have done for them! I know that I have always really loved being a waitress. Yes, it is simple but true. It is also a lot of hard work and sometimes menial but I does make me happy to make others happy and today it really made my day to not only have such a great compliment give to me but also to know that sometimes the small things do matter in the great big world.
Second. The world as big as it is, is really just a small place and we are all very interconnected! To me this is sooo cool!
Third. My new job is a very "local" spot to eat. It is different and not at all a way I would run my restuaurant but I like it well enough. It is tiny and the people are friendly.... it also is no where near what LGO was.... it definatly made me realize that sometimes you never really know how good you might of had it but to remember that next time I will recognize how good I do have it in the moment!!!

2 comments:

indeazgirl said...

It is just too cool that you were recognized today. It makes me a little bit insecure thinking that you are probably a little more kick ass of a server than I am.
But I'm really excited for the stories that come out of "The Pot"

Sara said...

where are you working?? this is exciting.