The funny thing about this fact, is that until now in my life I haven't really lived IN the mountains. I have grown up around them and spent many years in Provo but I have never really lived in them.
The reason I bring this up is because I have a friend Gus who always calls me a "Damn Hippie" and Brad has only mentioned me being somewhat "granola" once or twice. I don't know why they call me this. It maybe because I wear Crocs, or because I have a huge blue bin in my house that has a recycle symbol on it, it might have something to do with the fact that this sticker is on the back of my car.
I also know that I have been known to wear long flowing skirts accompanied with Peace sings on either my shirts or earrings and I have a love for tye-dye that no one can really imagine having. I have had braids in my hair that were all the way down my back and we can not forget to mention my love for Rock n Roll and just music in general.Thinking about this I decided to look up what the definition of a hippie really was. Thank you Wikipedia! Here you are... "Hippie" Reading this... I can see how I fit in some of those descriptions but a few of the others have me way off!
Now why am I writing about this you ask...
Well today at lunch I took a picture of this.
At first glance it looks like just an ordinary glass of water with a straw. WRONG!
This is the 2nd time I have been to this resturaunt called Squatters and love it! The food is awesome and they are tottaly environmentally friendly in a ton of different ways! The first time I ate here I was in awe of the flushing options on the toliet in the bathroom! If you hit #1 you save 1/2 a gallon of water as opposed to hitting #2! (For obvious reasons;) They also have all recycled paper products like napkins and contribute proceeds of a dessert to helping the environment!
Therefore... these days I don't know if I am a true blue hippie or really that granola. But when it comes to being more enviromentally concious I am all for it... I'll be glad to take only "parts" of being a hippie and leave the rest to those who are a little more hard core!





2 comments:
That coexist sticker always makes me think of witches. But I like your hippie side anyway.
I heard she doesn't shave her armpits either!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment