Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It Could Be Worse....

I had one of those moments that made me really appreciate all I have .

For the past few days I have been riding my bike to and from school just because it is nice outside and I can. Along these rides I really love saying hi to other people walking or riding past me, occasionally I even ring my bell for them.

At the stoplight on University and the 101 I was forced to stop because the light was red. Upon stopping, there was a man who was clearly homeless held up in front of me. He was pushing a very large amount of cans around and was missing many teeth. To be polite I said, "Hello, how are you?" He then replied, "Oh not to bad. It could always be worse."
The light then turned green we exchanged "have a nice day" and off I rode.

As I was peddling away I just thought to myself, "Yeah Bridget take that!"

Daily I do not appreciate what I have. Here was a man woo obviously didn't have anything. And he was telling me it could be worse. That was a bit of perspective much needed and much appreciated!

2 comments:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

I love you! Thank you for sharing that Bridget. :)

Deanna said...

If it helps, you can give all your stuff to me. Then you can go hang with that dude and appreciate the simple things and I'll appreciate all your stuff.