Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Edgar and Sean...

Tuesday nights are my favorite night of the week. As previously mentioned, Tuesday nights are the time in which I get to see "Dr. Sean Connery." These nights are the only single night in the week in which I flirt with the idea of getting just a little bit dressier than normal for class. They are the only nights in which I might put on just that much more perfume, the nights in which my homework is meticulously finished and works of literature assigned have been annotated to the ninth degree. This is the only night and class as a matter of fact that I sit front row center. These are the nights that for a 2 hours and 50 minutes I am whisked away by the sheer voice of a God, or maybe not a God, but defiantly a Saint. I treasure them immensely and count the hours until Tuesday at 4:40 comes again.

My anxiousness for class tonight was no exception. I was highly anticipating not only seeing "Dr. S.C" but going over the assigned readings from Edgar Allen Poe himself. First off, for those of you who don't know my tastes in literature, Poe is not one whom you would find in my library collection. He is not in my top 10. or 20. Or maybe even in my top 30. I find him perverse and dark and the writing styles of the Gothic have never appealed to me nor did I ever believe this opinion would change that is until it flowed of of the lips of "Dr. S.C." I realize typing these words might leave me in the same perverse category as Poe, but I do not care. Tonight, thanks to the Dr. I fell in love with the Poe's style, his syntax, his pacing and single effects, his dictation , and the complete idea regarding the "Imp of the Perverse."

*Disclamier: Have no fear, I will never attempt anything with the "Dr." I just love listening to him and being completly enthralled in conversation

3 comments:

Deanna said...

double 0 seven me!
xoxoxo

indeazgirl said...

Some day I will hunt down the Poe-like video I made in high school and show it to you.
I love teacher crushes.

the_phil said...

Loved your disclaimer. Thought it quite comical