Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So Over 2008!

At the end of every year I take a moment to look back and reflect on the things that I experienced during the previous 11 months to give thanks of the things that I went through and learned.

This year I am glad to say that as much as I want to give tons of thanks to 2008 I, at this moment in time would rather not. Instead I am going to pick out certain parts of the year I enjoyed and have a slice of the pie rather than the whole.

2008 Brought so much in to my life that for a few good parts of the year I could hardly take it. But alas, I have survived and will greet 2009 with open arms and a little more insight to take in with me.

First. People always say, "Expect the unexpected." I say," Forget that, "DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING."

Second. Forgive no matter what. (Thank you Chris McCandless who true life story was made into a movie so I could hear this quote)

"When you forgive you love. And when you love God's light shines on you."

Third. Over the course of the years I have acquired friends whom have become my family. These are the people that have accepted me and love me unconditionally. Make sure that they are well aware of the meaning and importance that they have in your life.


Fourth. I picked up this sticker that they were selling at work that really, I have now given to everyone and should be thought daily.

Fifth. It is ok to be quiet. For so many years I have fought to be heard in any way shape or form. This then had led to people automatically knowing me by how "loud" I am. Truth is... really I am a way more quiet person on the inside. I genrally would rather curl up with a good book most days than attend a party or larger group gathering. This year by having my more quiet moments I began to also listen to what is inside of me. In doing so, I have began to hear the deeper parts of my heart and soul. So sometimes in life I have now learned that it is ok to be quiet and just be in the moment to listen to what your own spirit is teling you.

Lastly. DO SOMETHING GOOD.

Being away from Utah and in my own world I forgot what it was like to give back to others and just do do something good for someone other than yourself. Getting back involved with Kaiizen and taking a few trips brought me back down to earth.


This year was a struggle for my is most ways! I am so happy for it to be long gone and apart of history. I know some of these lessons I have learned might be simple ones... but they are the ones I often forget.

So here is to looking forward with a little more wisdom under my belt. All Ihave to say is, "Bring it on 2009 you are going to be mine oh mine!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Because all of all this and a lot more is that I Love You.

Wish you an awesome 2009.

YOU DESERVE IT.

Gus

Deanna said...

I appreciate you.
xoxoxo

Jacob Divett said...

Hey, cool blog!