Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 8, 2008

My Last, Christin's First



For those of you who have never lived in Phoenix here is a fun fact about the Valley of the Sun. You have not really "lived" here until you have been out in "Old Town" on a weekend night. Unlike anyplace that I have ever been, Old Town Scottsdale is anything but old. This includes buildings, cars, people, and their "body parts." In about 2 square miles you can find yourself among over 50 different types of bars/clubs to suit your fancy and the type of patroons they attract! (Which at times can be very entertaining!)

Now most of you know that I have been back and forth between here and there when it comes to living in Phoenix so needless to say Old Town has been my weekend night destination on more than one or two occasions. I can also happily say that this has not been the case for almost the past year. Instead I have found new things to do and new people to be around that don't involve gallons of alcohol and scantly dressed women! Funny enough one of closest people (also one of the aforementioned new people) in my life Ms. Christin has yet to experience this debauchery of nightlife that is so widely known in Scottsdale. Therefore, Brad, John, and myself decided that we HAD to change this. This being the first reason we decided to go out Saturday night.

The seconded, having made some big decisions in my life, after Friday I will no longer be choosing to wear anything that could allow me to appear immodest or "whoreish." (Not that I ever have really appeared that way ever) The great thing about this decision is, leave it to us four to celebrate both of these occasions by venturing out in to the land of fake breasts and men with far to much hair gel! At about 11:00 PM on Saturday night us four rolled up to Devil's Martini dressed to the nines and ready to shake it. We had such a great time and will never forget seeing the boys sing every word to a song that neither of them should of known any of the words to, having the valet guy ask Brad if he wanted to have is car parked up front for an extra $15 dollars, watching women look lustily at John while he "shook it like a black man," and watching Brad's eyes try to divert from all of the drunk women choosing to dance on poles and show far to much of everything! We all had so much fun! I am glad to know that Christin got to come out and get a taste of craziness with three of us she loved so much.... even though she didn't love Brad and I dancing!Ha Ha I am also glad that I am getting to say goodbye to a piece of my life that I can't wait to leave in the past.

2 comments:

indeazgirl said...

Yes, it was a little to weird to watch you attempt to seduce the Former Boyfriend Also Known As My Little Innocent Brother. Also, a little uncomfortable to wear the most scandalous shirt I've worn in about 6 years for the sake of "your last hoorah." Especially since Brad hated it, leaving me slightly self-conscious the whole time.
But the club rocked. I could have watched John dance and sing all night long.I got to see you look all hot and Scottsdale Sexy. I got to wear my peacock earrings. And, really, the bathroom attendant sealed the deal. (How sweet was that?!)
This isn't "clubbing" Idaho-style. And in this case, that's not a bad thing. :o)

Anonymous said...

Your trying to seduce my innocent little boy? Christin wearing a very scandalous shirt? John dancing as black man? What were you thinking???? Sounded like fun and I am glad you all had a good time. Now get back to your scripture study, prepare for your Sunday School lesson, and repent enough to take the sacrament. The Bishop will be there tomorrow. Straighten up if you can.....