Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finding the Truth in the Gospel and Face Masks

Isn't she precious? Christin came home yesterday morning at about 8:00 and decided that it would be fun if we put masks on our faces. So we did. I however, did not put as much on because I had to hurry to get some things for baking at Wal*Mart and Christin told me that she needed to wait a bit longer for her's to dry before taking her's off. Well, at about 11:00 when I got home this is how I found her. I woke her up and told her to wash her face... she preceded to ignore me and go back to sleep. Again at 12:00 I woke her up again in return receiving the same outcome. Finally at 1:00 I told her that her face was going to fall off (who knows maybe it might of!) and she then got up, had a cookie, washed her face, and climbed back in to bed. Man! She has it rough! ;)

Aside from our faces being thoroughly cleaned I had a busy day of making about 3 dozen cookies alongside of 2 pans of rice krispie treats. I got to make these for work, a baptism, and the missionaries. (Also Christin and I and whom ever came over and partook of all of the goodies laid all over our kitchen) They were a hit in all places and forget Martha Stewart I am taking over!

As mentioned above I got to go to the baptism of a new friend. Her name is Ashley and she got married to a member about a month and a half ago. The Elder's, needing girls to help with the "Rule of 3" invited Ariana who then invited me to help and be there when they taught her. It was really exciting because she married a member and had been investigating for sometime and in this time she had already gained a fairly strong testimony of the Gospel and was so excited about becoming a member of the church.
I also got to attend her confirmation this morning in her ward which was also so special. It has been so amazing watching the continuous smile on her face and seeing how truly happy this was making her. She is now looking forward to when her and her husband Eric get to have their "2nd wedding" or their sealing in the Temple. She made me laugh when she said this because she excitedly exclaimed ,"Hey I am the luckiest girl in the world! Who gets to marry the man of their dreams twice?" I thought it was so sweet and cute and really wish them the best in their years to come.

I had a really great day today as well! I got to sit with Randy who has been in Texas all summer and is a wonderful friend so it was good to be in his company again. I think that church is always so needed by the end of the week and this week I was really looking forward to Sunday! It was great for me especially today because not only did I get to see Ashley be confirmed but there was also a baby blessing in her ward (which is soooo sweet) AND I got to help with another discussion this afternoon for a new girl who is investigating. It is so wonderful to be able to do that. Having never served a mission it is so special to me to get to teach about the Gospel and to be able to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of it to someone who really wants to learn about Heavenly Father and His plan for us. I am so grateful for these missionary experiences this past week and only hope for more to come.

3 comments:

indeazgirl said...

My face feels so much better!!! It's so cool that you have got to participate in so much missionary stuff! It's one of my favorite things :o)

Anonymous said...

And Elder Argyle is getting transferred. :[ Sad day.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I was the man of her dreams but my sweet Bonnie got to marry me twice.....I got to marry the girl of my dreams twice. I AM the luckiest man in the world.....