Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 19, 2009

Never a Bridesmaid.


Most of my close friends love getting phone calls from me.
Why you ask?
Well... they would tell you,
"Bridget's life is kinda like a movie."
(Not a joke, I had someone who hadn't seen my in 6 years even question my health last week!)

This is a true statement.
I just look at the past 5 years and the amount of things I have lived through I most of the time have to agree.
Love.
Cancer.
Friendships.
Living in different states.
Moving at least 3 times a year even if it is in the same town.
School situations.
Family situations.
Boyfriend situations.
The way I meet people.
The list could go on.

Today, I must admit though, could be a dabble of icing on the cake.

I got a phone call at 1:07 PM.
It went like this:

Me: "HEY! I am in the photo lab what's up?"
Friend: "I have good news! Can you do me a favor?"
Me: "Sure! What?"
Friend: "I am getting married!.... Today at 3 can you be my witness?"
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Friend: "No! Can you?:
Me: "Sure but next time can you give me a little more warning so I can at least do my hair?"

Kid you not.
I went.
After 49 minutes at the courthouse my friend has a wife.
And I didn't even get to wear a bridesmaid dress!

Congrats you know who.
I love ya!
And I love that things do work out in the end!

(Maybe someday he will let me post the pictures because you know I had my camera and it was quite comical!)

3 comments:

Camille Elise said...

Wow. That's a story for sure!

Katie said...

HAHA. You caught me:) I actually love reading your blog (you are adorable!), but I always felt silly commenting since I wasn't sure you'd remember me. And now I've been put in my place:)

indeazgirl said...

The Witness and The Magistrate. That's what we should call ourselves.