Living in a world where the goal to marry and "find the one" is pressed upon me daily... I feel I need to address something or someones.
Last night while sitting in the kitchen Jake's phone went off.
I being the nosey little woman I am, asked who it was.
He then told me.
I then proceed, "What does she have to say?"
(Here is where this blog post comes from!)
Girl: "Oh you are with her now?"
Jake: "Yep"
Girl: "Wow she had kinda been through a lot of boys in the ward don't ya think?"
Jake: "Yep"
Me: "Wow and that is all you said to her?"
Jake: "Yep"
Then this eventually led to an hour conversation on the way we communicate and the definition of standing up for people..(Which was a great talk and I am so glad we had it)
Now, not wanting to make a huge fuss out of the situation I was going to let the whole thing go. But this morning my mind still went back to this "Girl."
You see, she is yes, in my ward.
She also had never as so much said one single word to me.
I don't think that if you were to even ask her my last name she would have any clue as to what it was.
And yet, here she is passing judgement on me, about how many boys in my ward I have dated. (Which happens to be now 3!) (Who0000aaaa big number!!!)
How is it possible that we as human beings feel that this is ok. I will admit I am queen of being a pain most of the time. But who the heck says something like that to MY BOYFRIEND?
Nice move uh?
Now this is where all of this led me to this morning?
How many is too many?
You see the first boy I dated in the ward... I realized was just a great friend and the great thing about that is that he still is and I adore him.
The second. Well we all know what happened. If you don't refer to my May postings.
Oddly enough... with the second I had thought at the time that he was "The One."
And now Jake.
Whom I had to try to get to notice me for a good few months and we are taking things slow.
SO really? Is that too many?
Living in Provo and having Celestial Marriage breathed down my neck, I couldn't go on enough dates according to my Bishopric, my friends, and my peers at work. If I wasn't going on a least a date a week I was a menace.
Now, being in PC (no one in the ward dates at all!) I have dated 3 boys in a matter of 7 months and *poof* I am a hussy!
The whole thing cracks me up really. We read books on dating, watch romantic movies on dating, listen to advice on dating, write blogs about going on dates, and yet still feel free to push our judgments and opinions on others about how we feel they are going about finding "Mr. or Mrs. Right."
So today. I have decided that if any of you ever hear me criticize the way someone is going about finding love. Punch me in the throat.
We all deserve that chance.
Even if we have to literally go through a million to find that one.





6 comments:
I'm trying to find love at the drinking fountain at the gym. But it is moving WAY to slow for me. Details only if you ask...
xoxoxo
The only time I really thought it was too much was when a particular girl (that is now married) kissed some sixteen guys in our ward in a period of seven months. A little more than three.
Mormons are weird though. I got called a player a few months after I moved here cause I had gone on dates with three or four girls, ina period of three or four months, even if I had only kissed one of them. A little harsh? I think so too.
WHAT A BIATCH. That's all.
WHAT KRISTINE SAID!
That girl is not cool. I hate it when people judge others. HOWEVER, I have always said that a girl has got to kiss a lot of frogs before she finds her prince...and three in like 7 months is nothing. It's funny that what most people call a drought or a rut, is considered scarlet letter worthy in Park City. My advice...date and date often, kiss and kiss often, and know that people are just jealous.
xoxo
D
By the way, I bet the following applies to this "girl",
a.)she reads your blog
b.)she has a thing or has had a thing for Jake
c.) would hate it if someone judged her like that and
d.)is not much to look at but considered a "sweet spirit".
I completely agree- you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. If I hadn't kept looking, I probably would have married "Femme" and my life would be completely different.
Post a Comment