
Yesterday morning as I made my daily commute down the canyon unexpectedly Alan Jackson's song "Where Were You" came on the radio. As I listened to the words of that song the memories and of that day came flooding back to me.
I will never forget being huddled around the T.V. some two thousand miles from New York praying for the lives of those in the Towers.
I will never forget the phone calls made to those I love.
I will never forget hearing President Hinkley address the members in a moment of comfort and solace of which only he could give.
I will never forget what the American people were like and how they treated each other during the months that followed.
I am not very political and I don't really pay attention to the news.
But today, 8 years after this tragedy struck our nation I will remember those who have fought for me.
I ask that today, you do the same.
If only for a moment.
Even though the years have past for some of us.
The effects of this day still remain a huge part of others lives and may we keep them in our hearts and prayers that they are healing and moving on... and finding peace.
To all of those who are fighting for our rights and our country...
Thank You.






1 comment:
I remember wondering why the building got hurt more than the plane. It had seemed to me such a big building should be stronger. My roommate had the TV on.
And I sat through my journalism class pissed off that for this monumental event they didn't cancel school.
Post a Comment