I will never forget watching the 1993 Super Bowl Halftime show in which Michael Jackson sang "Heal the World."I will never forget hearing "Will You Be There" at the end of Free Willy every time Bannon and I finished watching it sitting on the end of our parents bed.
I will never forget rocking out to "Thriller" in Mr. Jones 8th grade classroom with Randy.
I will never forget being in awe of "Scream" in my obsession with "Janet" days most of middle school.
I will never forget crying over Evan listing to "Remember the Time" over and over again until my CD no longer played being 16 on the side of the road in Arizona.
I will never forget watching the "History, Past, Present, and Future" DVD with Mom and Bannon as Bannon just a littly guy at the time, in our living room trying to mimic all of his moves....making us laugh so hard we were all laughing on the floor.
Lastly I still to this day, listen to "You Rock My World" while putting on my makeup and getting ready to go out on the town most nights!
Today at 3:15pm while standing in Best Buy a random employee told me to purchase something of Michael Jackson's because he had just died. In utter disbelief I told him to "shut up." After a phone call to Brad and then to Christin it had been confirmed that indeed the King of Pop had been pronounced dead due to cardiac arrest in L.A. this afternoon.

As the media displays an assortment of stories and opinions I just wish to state mine. He was a muti-generation pop icon that was nothing short of a musical genius. He brought families together and created a love for pop music and dance that is undeniable. In my life he created so many memories that I could only just begin to list.
He was a very loved man.
And to me... will always be known as the King of Pop.





3 comments:
He made me want to not stop til I got enough...
Mike Jackson rocked the party!
xoxoxo
Farrah Fawcett died too : (
Dancing to "Bad" and "Speed Demon" growing up, and now, yep, "You Rock My World." Nice choice on that one.
Post a Comment