Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My New Ward Rocks

So for the past two years I have gone to FHE at this place. (yes I do love it and miss it)
However... moving to Park City... these guys do things a little different.
Tonight I was here:
Getting ready to attack this:
Yes, that is correct ladies and gentlemen, this unbelievable wall and climbing space is in a family's home! As we all sat down to hear about the wall we heard this," Well guys thanks for coming to our home tonight. Just to let you know we can handle about 6 to 8 people on the walls and while you are waiting you can shoot pool, play fooze ball, hit up rock band, or watch the episode of MTV'S CRIBS that the house was on about two weeks ago." I think all of us in the ward just about fell over!

On the drive up to the house I had to call J Money to tell someone about the neighborhood I was driving though and that the house had it's own ski lift out the window! It was amazing! And we had a blast! Here are a few of my favorite shots from the night!
Can you see the look of determination on my face?
Can you see through the opening on the wall? It goes in to a weight room, bouldering wall, and a steam room! Amazing!!
This is new friend Brandon who when to school in Flagstaff and sounds like a Texan even though he grew up in Ohio! He is riding down to Moab in the new friend Eric's car with my and Sarah on Thursday morning!

This is new friend Eric. He is from good old Utah, likes to road bike, (I already nicknamed him "Rocket Man"), likes to cook, and is the one person I have ever met that reminds me a whole lot of Bradley John!


He and I have become fast friends. It might be because his mom did an amazing job at raising him and he understands women unbelievably (just like the B-Rad) or because he just loves to have random adventures like myself!Yep.. the house still is jaw dropping!


This is the EQP Jon Taylor, whom I don't know real well but I thought that this was a super sweet shot... and I have no clue who is climbing next to him!

That is new friend Eric, Sara (don't know her real well yet either) and the Jon Taylor. Look how nice the floor is!

Now this cute man climbing up the wall is my new Bishop! He is hysterical and nuts! I just adore him and his love of the outdoors and life!


So there you all are! There is a new little glimpse into my new ward! I wish I could bring you all up for all of our ward activities! Tomorrow morning we all actually leave for Moab for 3 days for the "Hans Challenge." (Hans is our Bishop's fist name)

This is a day filled with events tittled:

a. The "Bone Bruiser" (5K Run)
b. The "Ninny Pants" (? mile road bike event)
c. The "Man's Way" (epic mountain bike event)
d. The "Mensa Madness" (NY Times Crossword event)
e. The "Dope-on-a-Rope" (100' Rappel (with 75'rope) event)
f. The "DOAB of Moab" (Don't Own A Bike so I hike event)
g. The "Sacagawea" (orienteering event)

And then they have a 4 day trip planned to Lake Powell in Auguest! Don't be jealous... just know that my new ward really does ROCK!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm a little bit jealous.
xoxoxo

Sara said...

Yay new friend! : )

indeazgirl said...

That house is breathtaking! And someone new commented on your blog. And those boys are cute and your bishop seems crazy fun!

Natalie Thorsen said...

Okay! I so want to come visit and go climbing! Amazing! (but we seriously miss you. seriously.)

Anonymous said...

This is so overwhelmingly intense. This type of stuff is only in movies! Or at least that's what I thought...

Brian M. said...

umm.. so that person next to jon taylor would be me! brian moote!