Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Pickles."

"Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel that you've done a permanent job." -Erwin T. Randall

Sometimes you meet people for a reason or a purpose... sometimes it might take 3 years to figure it out.

Meet my friend Jared. I call him Pickles. I call him Pickles because that is how he was first introduced to me. The name works and I like it so that is what I still call him to this day. (Oddly enough I think I am one of the very few that still do!) He and I were introduced though a very close friend 3 or 4 years ago and in the beginning we got off to somewhat of a rough start, now in the long run can look back and laugh at all of the memories we have had with a small group of friends quite some time ago.

Funny thing about Pickles is I hadn't seen him in years and because of our ties through friends didn't think I ever would again. Surprisingly the miracles and gods of Facebook never fail to prove me wrong. As previously posted (Into the Wild) by chance he ended up here in AZ and I got to spend a weekend reveling in some of the best days of my life and those memories that lied therein.

In the midst of camping, traveling, unpacking, and eating we got to catchup and have a few good heart to hearts as well as see
how we each have grown and changed over the past three years. I must say I am so proud of him and the things he had done in his life...not to mention a little jealous of all his many doings!

I am constantly amazed at the people that Heavenly Father puts in my life at different times for different reasons. This weekend may not have served Pickles much as he is constantly on the move and a man of many adventures... but just by coming and being he impacted my heart and healed some of my little pains I didn't realize I still had. Time is a marvelous thing. People are there for a reason. I am just so happy that I am at a place that I can be in the moment and appreciate all the people I have (or have had) in my life and for the roles that they play in it!

2 comments:

Tuli said...

Nice Blog.....

indeazgirl said...

Random people sure do seem to hunt you down! I'm glad this one did...it was fun to meet him. What a great weekend! I'm sure glad it snowed!