Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 16, 2008

It Really Speaks To Me...



I find that one of the most wonderful things about being alive is that everyday gives you another opportunity to fall in love with something you have never known about. I love that euphoric magic that comes over your entire being letting you know that you know that this one new thing might change your life. Sometimes for the bad... but most of the time for the better. These pictures are the essence of everything I could not say verbally. Christin took them and they are picture defiantly my "Goddess of Rock" (See Outside Magazine's 2005 Cover) photos.



Earlier this week I called Matt (Olsen) and very rudely asked him why he had never introduced me to climbing. Seeing how well he knows me and my live for things outside. His response was, "Wow, you know, I don't know. But, I bet you would love it and you would be great at it. I bet for you it would be a completely Zen like experience." I could have not stated it better myself.

Luckily for all of my friends here in AZ they are all now getting a little taste of my new favorite love. Christin and I had such a blast climbing and rocking out to Alice in Chains. I am not going to lie it is so hysterical watching this little blue eyed blond girl sing every word to some of these "heavy" rock songs while climbing up a wall that is determined to kick her rear! I love that I have a girlfriend who will do anything with me and continues to encourage me along the way!

All in all this has been a great week. I really feel like I have started to heal from all of the hurt in my life and that a small little seed is starting to emerge through the soil. Fortunately for me it has had a little too much heat but at moments and some surprising rain. I really am seeing my roots and that is so wonderful to hear them grab a hold of the earth and only continue to get stronger! I love that I am learning to listen to what is inside of me... to hear what really speaks to me.

3 comments:

indeazgirl said...

This was such a blast. I can't believe I'm still a little sore! Stinkin' "Blue 'n' Sexy". I'm glad you found such a great love :o)

Deanna said...

My favorite movie to watch over and over then maybe over again is called A Lot Like Love. I watched it last week and this line just stuck out soo much to me and motivated me.
Two brothers are sitting on the beach talking after Oliver broke up with his girlfriend, lost his business, and had been sulking around for weeks:
GRAHAM: [pointing to his son] You should get one.
OLIVER: That was the plan. Instead I'm almost 30, unemployed, and living with mom and dad.
GRAHAM: Oliver. This is your life. Right now. It doesn't wait for you to get back on your feet.
OK so if that wasn't enough, then I heard the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. Look it up and listen well.
Love
xoxoxo

Madison said...

ohhh that looks like so much fun! where is that place at?